I love this blueberry smoothie recipe because it's super nutritious, but it tastes like a treat! Blend it together for a yummy healthy breakfast or snack.
Well friends, this blueberry smoothie recipe has sent me off on another breakfast kick. We had a stretch of sunny days in Chicago over the weekend, and with the (slightly) warmer weather, I started craving all things light and fresh. On Saturday, I ditched my usual morning toast and blended up this blueberry smoothie for breakfast instead. I did it again on Sunday. …And on Monday. It’s Tuesday now, and I’m certainly not looking back. This blueberry smoothie is packed with healthy ingredients, but thanks to its thick, frosty texture and sweet berry flavor, it tastes like a morning ice cream treat. It’s easy to make in the blender, and it keeps me full till noon. I don’t think this one’s coming off repeat anytime soon.
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this blueberry smoothie recipe:
- Blueberries, of course! Use frozen berries to make this smoothie thick and frosty.
- Frozen raspberries – The more berries, the merrier, right? The raspberries add a nice tartness to this blueberry smoothie.
- Frozen cauliflower – Trust me, you won’t taste it! It gives the smoothie an extra boost of nutrients and helps perfect its creamy texture.
- Frozen banana – Like the cauliflower, the banana makes this smoothie super creamy.
- Almond milk – Use store-bought, or make your own! If you don’t keep almond milk on hand, feel free to substitute your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk. Water works too!
- Almond butter – It adds protein and healthy fats.
- Maple syrup – For sweetness.
- Fresh lemon juice – Its bright flavor balances the sweetness from the fruit and maple.
- Fresh ginger – Optional, but delicious. Blend it into the smoothie for a refreshing kick.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Place all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth! If the smoothie is too thick to blend, add more almond milk as needed to reach your desired consistency.
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Variations
If you couldn’t tell, I’m pretty obsessed with this blueberry smoothie recipe just as it’s written. But like any smoothie, it’s flexible! If you don’t have these exact ingredients on hand, swap in what you do have, or change it up to suit your tastes. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Go green. Blend in a handful of spinach or kale.
- Skip the raspberries. Make a simple blueberry banana smoothie by using a whole frozen banana instead of half of one.
- Swap the nut butter. Replace the almond butter with peanut butter or cashew butter.
- Make it heartier. Add a scoop of Greek yogurt or whole rolled oats. A tablespoon of hemp or chia seeds would be a good addition too.
Let me know what variations you try!
Blueberry Smoothie Serving Suggestions
This blueberry smoothie is such a delicious healthy breakfast or snack! Enjoy a tall, cool glass on its own, or add toppings like sliced almonds, fresh blueberries, chia seeds, and/or coconut flakes and scoop it up with a spoon.
Hungry for more? This smoothie pairs well with all sorts of breakfast fare. For a quick weekday breakfast, serve it with a slice of avocado toast or any of these healthy muffin recipes. On the weekend, blend it up as a beverage for a laid-back brunch. It’s fantastic with a frittata, scrambled eggs, waffles, French toast, or a big stack of pancakes.
More Favorite Smoothie Recipes
If you love this blueberry smoothie recipe, try one of these refreshing smoothies next:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Cinnamon Coffee Smoothie
- Berry Superfood Smoothie Bowl
- Vanilla Matcha Smoothie
- In a blender, place the blueberries, almond milk, cauliflower, raspberries, banana, almond butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, and ginger, if using.
- Blend until creamy, adding more almond milk as needed to blend.