This avocado salsa recipe is fresh, flavorful, and SO easy to make! Serve it with tortilla chips for a zesty summer appetizer, or add it to tacos and more.
This avocado salsa recipe is kinda like a mashup of two of my favorite things: mango salsa and guac. So naturally, I’m obsessed with it. It’s a super simple recipe – you can make it in all of 10 minutes! – but it still packs in a ton of contrasting textures and flavors. Creamy avocado plays off sweet, juicy mango, which in turn accents spicy chiles, crisp red onion, and cilantro. A big squeeze of lime juice adds the perfect zesty pop.
I love to serve it as a fun, fresh appetizer with tortilla chips, but this avocado salsa is great in other ways, too. You can stuff it into tacos or spoon it over nachos. I even like it on top of a black bean burger! Easy, versatile, and delicious, it’s a recipe you’ll want on repeat all summer long.
Avocado Salsa Recipe Ingredients
You need 8 simple ingredients to make this avocado salsa recipe:
- Avocado, of course! Look for ones that are ripe, but still a little bit firm so that they hold their shape when you mix them with the other ingredients.
- Mango – I especially love Ataulfo mangoes here, but any variety will do.
- Fresh cilantro – It adds pretty green flecks and bold, fresh flavor.
- Red onion – It gives the salsa a subtle bite and adds crunch.
- A jalapeño or serrano pepper – For heat.
- Ground cumin – For earthy flavor.
- Lime juice – Freshly squeezed, please! It makes the salsa taste SO zesty and bright.
- And sea salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir to combine. Season to taste, and serve. It’s that easy! I love that you don’t need a blender or food processor to make this one.
Avocado Salsa Serving Suggestions
The simplest way to serve this avocado salsa is as a dip. Prepare the recipe as written, or feel free to give it your own personal twist by adding black beans, tomatoes, or diced red pepper. Serve it with tortilla chips and, if you like, margaritas or paloma cocktails to drink!
Want more ideas for using this mango avocado salsa? Here are a few of my favorites to get you started:
- Spoon it into my vegan jackfruit tacos, sweet potato tacos, or roasted veggie tacos.
- Sprinkle it over these AMAZING vegan nachos.
- Add a scoop to a taco salad.
- Top it onto a veggie burger or black bean burger with a few pickled red onions. If you love spicy food, add some creamy chipotle sauce, too!
- Use it instead of the pineapple salsa in this vegan burrito bowl. You could also make your own bowl with cilantro lime rice, black beans, and fajita veggies or roasted sweet potatoes.
- Or serve it over grilled tofu with cilantro lime rice and fajita veggies.
How do you like to serve avocado salsa? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Salsa Recipes
If you love this avocado salsa, try one of these homemade salsa recipes next:
- Homemade Tomato Salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Easy Mango Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa
- Corn Salsa
- 2 slightly firm ripe avocados, pitted and cubed
- 1 mango, pitted and cubed
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, place the avocado, mango, cilantro, onion, lime juice, jalapeño, cumin, and salt and gently stir to combine.
- Season to taste and serve with tortilla chips.